Tips for Choosing the Best Assisted Living In OKC
We all love to be around our grandparents or elders. All of us grew up listening to stories from them, drenched in unconditional love and care. But often as they grow older, we have to leave them against our will, whether because of our career or education. Whatever the reason is, leaving them is quite painful, and most elderly people do not like the idea of relocating at that phase of their life. They prefer, understandably, to stay in their own home in a familiar neighborhood.
As we cannot completely depend on others to care for our loved ones when we move away, it is better to help them choose a place to live where the best care and attention are provided. This is where the idea of assisted living comes from.
When you are choosing an assisted living facility, the location is the primary concern. Your loved ones should not be wary of the new place, and if the location is near their house, they might have a sense of security and of being at home. So when you are helping your loved one choose assisted living in OKC, here are some factors you should consider.
1. Quality of care: No doubt, this is the most crucial area to which you should pay attention. The quality of the service is the top priority, and you should try to find a facility near your loved one’s house with the highest quality of service.
2. Companionship and support: Staying away from family is painful. At this point of time, your elders need support and good companionship. Choose an assisted living facility nearby where your loved one can befriend others and live in a community.
3. Familiarity: The more familiar the place is, the more comfortable seniors are there. Choose a place that feels familiar and comfortable.
4. Priority: To help compensate for the pain of moving, you should keep your loved one’s choices first. If they want to live in a specific location, look there first. Ask them about their priorities, and then chose the assisted living facility accordingly.
5. Know your needs: You should make a list of needs, whether current or anticipated. The list might include medical support, safety measures or even assistance with bathing and dressing.
6. Budget: How much do you want to spend on assisted living? If you are on a tight budget but still want to give the best to your elder, research well. There are homes available that provide meals and utilities along with medicinal benefits at an affordable price.
7. Insights form others: You can ask other people who already have experience with assisted living in OKC. You will get helpful tips and important insights from them.
8. Social media pages: Check social media pages for reviews and details about living in the facilities you and your elderly loved one are considering. Generally, the residents or their families post feedback on the social media pages.
9. Amenities and must-have services: Note down which services are must-haves and which are not. Try to make a non-negotiable move with the must-have on your list. You can also give the facility a wish-list before your love one moves in, with things like a fitness trainer, doctor or bank location.
10. Websites: You can look up the official web page of the facility to learn about expenses, terms and conditions before signing a contract.