Many are of the opinion that after retirement period is the golden period of life and there are reasons for saying so. One could live life on its own and could pursue the hobbies that were lost amidst the crowd of duties, tasks and compulsions. That is why, the need to take judicious decisions are so necessary in order to chalk out the plan for your after-retirement life.First of all, decide whether you want to live with your children and their families or want to opt for independent living or a care home. Before you decide, it is necessary to clear up some misconceptions about the concept of care homes. If you are thinking senior assisted living is always a huge institutional facility, you might be surprised. Here are 10 tips to select the perfect independent living center or care home with focus on innovative concepts that would help to change opinions about care home setups.
10 Tips to select the perfect in-home health care service
- Perform thorough research: The foundation of a good selection process resides upon quality research performed upon the subject. Herein, the subject is to select the perfect in-home health care service and for this, you need to study its track record of the last 10 years to begin your research process. In this matter, authentic testimonials may help a lot. Don't just accept what has been furnished by the official website of the organization. If you get word-of-mouth reference from a trusted friend, then it would bear more value than what has been claimed by the care home company. Another way is to search review sites properly. However, many times, organizations encourage employees to post favorable reviews at websites.
- Select the perfect location: Seleating the right location is essential. The first thing to be kept in mind is how much time your relatives need to reach you. Staying near your children’s home could be a nice idea. The climate of the place that you have chosen should be favorable to your physical and mental health. It would be better to stay at a place away from air and noise pollution. There are innovative villages remodeled as care homes in established neighborhoods for senior citizens. These may be good places to stay.
- 24/7 medical services: Care homes generally include this service however; go for those accommodations that include super-specialty and emergency medical services in hand. These services bear greater significance if the care homes are located away from central districts of cities.
- Care homes that offer home-made food: Most of the care homes recruit nutritionists under whose supervision the food charts are prepared. Specific food charts are created for individual residents taking care of individual medical history. Some care homes offer home-made food to members. They recruit gourmet chefs to give this niche service. When you are away from home, homes cooking is precious.
- Love your privacy: Go for the care homes that respect your privacy. Care homes have been founded at remodeled mansions that give full privacy to its residents in separate bedrooms.
- Services offered to enrich your life: Many niche service providers offer life-enrichment programs like regular sessions of aerobics, yoga and meditation to the residents. On-demand services could be used for special occasions like birthday or anniversary celebrations. Some care homes recruit beauticians to give you your best look for parties.
- Pursue your hobbies: Please see whether or not the care home is offering facilities to pursue your hobbies like painting or playing the piano. See for the proximity of training institutions from the care home.
- Family get-together: You may participate at family get-together at your home or at care home too. Many personal living centers arrange such events in most professional manner.
- Personal home healthcare that arranges short-trips: It is an added gift when your care home arranges short hiking or trekking trips at the nearest natural trail. Some also arrange picnics in the season.
- Care homes setup at independent mansions: This is a comparatively new concept and it does not follow the styles of many senior home institutions. More privacy and greater comforts are only a few of its popular features.